Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Changing Things Up

Since March 5, 2010 I have posted in this blog more than 700 times. Its been a great ride for me. It gave me an opportunity to think more about many issues most of them macroeconomic. I studied macroeconomics in my graduate program and spent most of my career at Indiana University teaching macro and publishing in macroeconomic journals. I was never a household name in macro but I did enough to be promoted to full professor and receive tenure at Indiana University.  The blog posts did not count toward tenure but I think that activity gave me a familiarity with the real world that helped both my teaching and my academic research. 

In retirement I wanted to keep up with the usual topics.  Now I want to change things up a bit.  Today I am on to more fascinating topics. How many fairies fit on the head of pin is quite challenging? Or -- How much wood can a woodchuck chuck? I am hoping with more time to someday solve those challenging riddles. As you can see I will have a lot to keep me busy.

Just kidding about the fairies and woodchucks. 

While it has been fun to research and write about current macro events and issues, an underlying joy of this project has been communicating with you. You are my relatives, friends, and former colleagues and students. What a joy it has been to to keep in touch with you. 

So what am I going to change? I am going to write about the usual suspects -- but maybe with more brevity. I have helped you nap enough. Now it's going to be wham bam thank-you mam.

I request and hope to stay in touch with you. Perhaps you want to discuss the latest inflation rate. Maybe you want to tell me your 10 year old just graduated from MIT. Or maybe you are bored and want to tell me about the medicines you are taking. I am not planning to exit planet Earth for a while so I hope to stay connected with you. 

Also I might not stick with the Tuesday schedule. Be more spontaneous. When some news hits I hope to strike while the iron is hot. 

I hope you like the changes. 

Larry


No comments:

Post a Comment