Friday, December 23, 2022

Ice on Friday

Yesterday I was feeling almost poetic about the beautiful snowfall here. 

Well, no more. The lovely snow has turned to ice. It is freezing here in Seattle and I have spent the morning looking out my window watching people trying to navigate sidewalks across the street.  It is a sheet of ice out there and people are doing more sliding than walking. 

My gym, a two-block walk, is closed for the next few days so I don't have the temptation to skate over there. Once things begin to thaw I might try to take a walk. 

One guy has been out there on the sidewalk with a snow shovel and he is making some progress but it is very slow going. The street looks like an ice rink. I guess I will be inside for a while. My furnace is working fine but my anxiety makes me wonder if I have serviced it lately. I have to worry about something. 

Jason had the intelligence to get out of town before all this hit. But I am not sure that things are much better in Indiana. I hope it is. Oops. I just checked the weather and it is probably worse in Indiana. 

A guy just walked by my window. He had on a winter hat and gloves, and a short-sleeve t shirt. Weird. I am inside with a sweatshirt on. 

Now the guy's wife is out there breaking up the ice. She seems to be the better of the two. They are definitely getting their exercise for the week. 

By Saturday, the highs are supposed to be in the low 50s. That would be nice. 

Cheers

Larry


No comments:

Post a Comment