Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Happy Birthday and Déjà Vu All Over Again

I am trying something new this week. To be honest, it is mostly because I am lazy and there wasn’t that much to write about this week. Second, I wanted a chance to underscore my brilliance with respect to my past thinking. Third, I am approaching a blog birthday of nine years. Some of you have been reading my stuff for 9 years. Wow – you are true gluttons for punishment. Finally, I have a very wise friend who suggested this to me. And no, that friend is not Jack Daniels.

Below is the link to a piece I wrote in March of 2010. The full title of that post is The Whack-a-Mole Recovery or Good News is Bad New Until the Good News Really is Good News. I do have a way with words, don’t I?

The reason I chose that post for this little experiment is because that’s where the dart hit the board. No, not really, I am not allowed to have pointed objects anymore.  I chose it because it shows how the same themes show up over and over. Nine years is, apparently,  not enough time for us to move on to something new. Its like no time has elapsed. We are saying the same things over and over!

Back then we were worried that the Fed would drive up interest rates and hurt the economy. Back then we were worried that the economy would not sustain a recovery. Back then we were very worried about dis-functional government and a large government debt. 

And so on. But I don’t want to steal the whole show here.

Just take out your bottle of JD and slowly pour it over a huge ice cube into your favorite whisky glass. Enjoy.




2 comments:

  1. Dear LSD. Geeszy peezy, what a coincidence . . . . if the date in your blog wuz 2018 you’d almost be describing economic/financial/political conditions today. The commonality are a spurting economy with budz ‘n shoots (due to uncertain trade relations, Brexit; Fed rate hike schizophrenia) ; rez real estate slowing (but not due to toxic mortgages and over-valuations); political dysfunction; govomit deficit/debt; and recession chatter. And in the closing paragraph you suggest higher growth rate despite not having to solve the aforementioned “challenges.” Bon Jovi sang, “The more things change the more they stay the same.” Hm-m-m-m-m-m.

    R U and Bon Jovi both soothsayers drink’n from the same JD punch bowl?

    ReplyDelete